Last updated: July 27, 2018
1. Who we are
The controller of your personal data is B3i Services AG (B3i), Kreuzstrasse 26, 8008 Zurich, Switzerland, info@B3i.tech. References in this privacy notice (the Notice) to “we” or “us” are references to B3i.
2. Personal data we process
Personal data we process about you includes:
- contact details, for example name, address, phone number or email address, and other basic information;
- information in relation to materials and communications we send to you electronically, for example your use of marketing e-mails;
- any other information relating to you which you may provide to us;
- logs showing your visits on our website.
We collect this information when you interact with us, for example when you communicate with our staff, complete our contact forms, sign up to receive information by e-mail or visit our website. We also collect or generate personal data in the course of providing our services.
3. How we use your personal data (purpose)
We use your personal data:
- to communicate with you;
- to provide and improve our services to you and our customers, including personal data of others provided to us or collected by us on behalf of our clients, for example processing identification and background information as part of our on-boarding, finance, administration and marketing processes;
- to administer our relationship with you and with our customers;
- to promote our services, including by sending alerts, updates, event invitations etc.;
- to inform you about our services and products;
- to comply with our legal, regulatory and risk management obligations, including establishing, exercising or defending legal claims.
You are generally under no obligation to disclose personal data to us, unless you have a contractual relationship with us which foresees such obligation. Yet, in order to conclude and perform a contract, we must collect and process the personal data which is necessary for such conclusion and for the fulfilment of the contractual and associated obligations as well as for the fulfilment of legal obligations. Moreover, when using a website, it is necessary to process log data and certain other data. Also in relation to communications between you and us, we must process at least the personal data that you provide to us or that we provide to you.
4. Use of our website and e-mails
When you use our website, we automatically collect metadata about your browsing session such as your browser, the IP address of your computer, your internet service provider, the site from which you navigated to our website, the duration of your visit to our website and what type of device you are using (e.g. a computer, a smart phone or a tablet and the respective operating system). We also keep a record of the pages that you view during your visit. This information is used to improve the way in which our website operates, for statistical and systems administration purposes.
Our website uses Google Analytics, a service provided by Google, Inc. that tracks and reports on the manner in which our websites are used. Google Analytics does this by placing small text files called “cookies” on your computer or other device. Cookies collect information about the number of visitors to the websites, the pages visited and the time spent on the websites. Based on this information we receive analyses from Google. Google stores this information in the USA; however, your IP address is first shortened in the EU or the EEA. You can prevent the use of Google Analytics through a "Browser Add-on", which you can install at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We may use your name and e-mail address(es) to send you alerts, updates, event invitations and other information by e-mail, but will ask for consent first unless we have obtained your contact details from you in the context of our services. If you receive marketing communications from us and no longer wish to do so, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the link included in these e-mails. Note that we use personal data to understand if you read our e-mails or click on links included in them.
We use social media plugins. They are displayed on our website with the logo of the corresponding social network. If you are logged into a social network (with your user credentials) when you visit our website, the respective network will automatically be notified of your visit to our website. The data processing associated with social media plugins is in the responsibility of the respective social media network, is subject to their privacy policies and outside the control of B3i.
5. On what basis we use your personal information
We process personal data on the following grounds:
- for the performance of a contract;
- for legitimate interests. This includes, for example, the interest in customer care and communication with customers outside of a contract; in marketing activities; in getting to know our customers and other people better; in improving products and services and developing new ones; in combating fraud, and the prevention and investigation of offences; in the protection of customers, employees and other persons and data, secrets and assets of B3i; in the guarantee of IT security, especially in connection with the use of websites, apps and other IT infrastructure; in the guarantee and organisation of business operations, including the operation and further development of websites and other systems; in company management and development; in the sale or purchase of companies, parts of companies and other assets; and in the enforcement or defence of legal claims;
- based on a consent, where such consent was obtained separately; and
- for compliance with legal and regulatory obligations.
Please see “How we process your personal data” above for additional details.
6. Who we share your personal data with
We will share your personal data with trusted third parties including:
- business management services (e.g. accounting or asset management);
- consulting services, e.g. services of tax consultants, lawyers, management consultants, consultants in the field of personnel recruitment and placement;
- IT services, e.g. services in the areas of data storage (hosting), cloud services, sending e-mail newsletters, data analysis and refinement etc.;
- credit and background check or debt collection agencies, e.g. if you are interested to become our client or if due receivables are not paid.
For the purposes set out in this Policy and where necessary, we may share personal data with courts, regulatory authorities, government agencies and law enforcement agencies. While it is unlikely, we may be required to disclose your information to comply with legal or regulatory requirements. We will use reasonable endeavours to notify you before we do this, unless we are legally restricted from doing so.
If we look to use your personal data for a new purpose, beyond what it was originally provided for, we will ask for your explicit consent.
7. Countries we transfer your personal data to
We may transfer your personal data to recipients abroad, including in countries that do not provide the same level of protection as Swiss or EU/EEA law. Before we do so we will implement appropriate measures to protect your personal data, for example by requiring the recipient to agree to data processing agreements (if you would like to receive a copy of these agreements, please contact us at the address indicated above. These agreements are usually based on the EU standard clauses, which you may review here). We may also transfer personal data with your explicit consent and in certain other situations as permitted by applicable law.
8. How we retain your personal data
We retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary for the purposes for which the data is collected, and as long as we have a legitimate interest in keeping personal data, for example to enforce or defend claims or for archiving purposes and IT security. We also retain your personal data as long as it is subject to a legal retention obligation.
9. How we protect your personal information
We use various technical and organisational measures to help protect your personal data from unauthorised access, use, disclosure, alteration or destruction.
10. Automated individual decision-making
"Automated individual decision-making" means decisions made automatically, i.e. without relevant human influence, which have a negative legal effect or other similarly negative effects on you. We will inform you separately if we should use such automated decisions in individual cases as far as this is required by law.
11. Your rights
You are entitled to ask for details of the information we hold about you and how we process it and to receive a copy of your personal data. You may also have your data rectified or deleted, restrict our processing of that information, and object to the processing of your personal data. You may also choose to withdraw your consent. Please note that even after you have chosen to withdraw your consent we may be able to continue to process your personal information to the extent required or permitted by law. You may also lodge a complaint in relation to our processing of your personal data with a local supervisory authority.
Should you have a request regarding the processing of your personal data you may contact us via letter, email or telephone via the following contact details:
B3i Services AG (B3i), Kreuzstrasse 26, 8008 Zurich, Switzerland, info@B3i.tech.
We must ensure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. Therefore, please advise us of any changes to your information by contacting us at the address indicated above.
If you do not agree to this Notice, do not proceed to further web pages of the B3i Website.
B3i reserves the right to change this Policy at any time. The first line of this Notice above indicates when the Statement was last updated.